Connected Commerce reflects a shift in the retail marketplace that requires merchants to extend consistent messaging and experiences to consumers across any and all touch points. The explosive adoption of mobile and tablet mediums in recent years has created additional online touch points for retailers to use when communicating with consumers.
“It is becoming increasingly difficult for retailers to promote a cohesive message to consumers in today’s retail world,” said Michael Turcsanyi, President at OrderDynamics. “We designed Connected Commerce to unify the shopping experience for merchants and consumers by allowing for deep two-way integration between the OrderDynamics eCommerce platform and Order Management System, and all other retail systems such as CRM, ERP, Warehouse Management Systems, and Merchandising toolsets,” said Turcsanyi.
A recent example of Connected Commerce by OrderDynamics is Kitchen Stuff Plus, a multi-channel retailer of houseware products, who has been able to improve customer service and transform their business. “Kitchen Stuff Plus now has the ability to quickly and easily innovate in areas of our website that will help us service more customers. Being able to check individual store inventory for specific products has helped improve overall sales and drive additional traffic within our stores,” said John Thompson, Director of IT at Kitchen Stuff Plus.
In today’s retail world merchants have an incredible amount of information that can be leveraged to effectively market to consumers across multiple mediums while also providing a much improved shopping experience. Significant integrations between physical and virtual retail environments allows for the following improvements:
- Customer: Increase repeat business and enhance customer experiences through sharing multi-channel data across in-store applications, online properties, and direct marketing programs.
- Merchandising: Create seamless integrations of promotions and multi-channel content, and drive order values through rich media, latest in-store features, dynamic promotions, and integrated loyalty programs.
- Marketing: Cultivate meaningful relationships with consumers by unifying brand touch points and aligning channel-centric interactions.
- Order Management: Optimize and automate customer service tools to provide greater transparency with customers.
- Warehouse: Ship packages faster and at a lower cost by leveraging distributed inventory and advanced fulfillment tactics. Quickly deploy pick-pack-and-ship facilities using integrated fulfillment technology.